Please follow the instructions below on how to submit your forms and requests online. We will reply to you as soon as we can and thank you for your patience.

Most forms are PDF fillable allowing you to download and save.

Alternatively, to print, handwrite, then scan a form or document into a PDF file before emailing it from your ZoneMail email, please visit the tutorials below:

Unless otherwise indicated, please submit these forms to: from your secure ZoneMail email. If you are new to Zonemail, please start with the Zonemail tutorial

If the form requires documentation to support your request, please have appropriate documentation attached to the email (PDF preferred). Requests without necessary or appropriate documentation will take longer to process or be denied approval. 

Please note, due to the high volume of emails we are receiving, response times may be delayed.

Subject line: Please include the title of the form (ie. Request for Degree or Certificate, Student Data Change, etc.)

Message: Please include a detailed, but brief message in regards to your situation and include your W number, first and last name.

We will respond to you as quickly as we are able. We appreciate your patience while we navigate this unexpected disruption to our services.


  • Academic Renewal Petition 
    Processing Time: 7 to 10 business days  
    Students can request an academic renewal for substandard grades (D, F) received. The substandard grade(s) may be disregarded in the computation of a student's GPA if the work was not reflective of the student's present scholastic level of performance. Please speak to a counselor for further details.

  • Application for Admission:  PDF  Online

  • Application for Refund of Fees 
    Processing Time: Approximately 3-4 weeks 
    Send form to:
    Students may request a refund of enrollment fees as long as the student withdraws from the class during the first two weeks of class for a regular term class, or by the 10% point of the length of a short- term class. Refunds are not automatic.

  • California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (AB540) 
    Processing Time: Approximately 2 weeks
    AB 540/2000/SB 68: Students who have A) attended a combination of California high school, middle/elementary school, California adult school, or California community college for the equivalent of three years or more, AND B) have graduated from a California high school or equivalent (such as a GED), have an associate degree from a CA community college, or have met minimum CSU or UC transfer requirements may be eligible to have their non-resident tuition waived by completing the AB 540 affidavit and submitting supporting transcripts.  For full eligibility criteria, visit our AB 540 page or contact the Dream Center​ for assistance.   Email to

  • Class Overlap
    Students are only permitted to enroll in classes that overlap when extenuating circumstances exist. This form may only be used when the time overlap between classes is 15 minutes or less. Any classes that overlap more than 15 minutes will require an Alternate Instruction Contract.

  • Credit for Prior Learning form
  • Excused Withdrawal Petition Form   
    In the event that a student wishes to drop one or more courses on the grounds of an extenuating circumstance that prohibited them from dropping these courses or continuing attendance. Extenuating circumstances are verified cases of accidents, illness, other circumstances beyond the control of the student, and other conditions, defined by the local governing board and published in college regulations. 
    NOTE:  In accordance with Title 5, Section 55024 (e), an EW symbol may be requested by the student at any time during the semester and no later than the date when the district/college policy allows a grade change.

  • General Education (CSU or IGETC) Certification Request Form  
    Processing Time: 7 to 10 business days  
    IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) and CSU General Education certification verifies that a student has completed lower division general education requirements for the UC or CSU. The IGETC can be used for UC and CSU. The CSU Certification is for CSU only.

  • Incoming Transcript Evaluation
    Processing Time: Approximately 10 weeks  
    Students who have completed coursework at an accredited college outside the Chabot‐Las Positas Community College District and/or AP test(s) may have these records evaluated. Students must have completed 6 units @ Chabot College and must be enrolled in at least 6 units @ Chabot College prior to submitting an Incoming Transcript Evaluation.

  • Major Declaration & Change of Primary Campus
    Processing Time: 7 to 10 business days  
    NOTE: A student's home campus designation determines the college (Chabot College or Las Positas College) in which they may receive support services including, but not limited to, Financial Aid, CalWORKs, CARE, and EOPS.  A student's home campus is initially determined by the submission of the admission application.  A student's home campus designation may not be changed once a student has been disbursed financial aid for the award year.  A student may only change their home campus designation before receiving financial aid for the award year.
  • Petition for Admission from Dismissed Status  
    Processing Time: 15 business days 
  • Students who have been dismissed from Chabot or Las Positas College may apply for readmission after one semester of non‐attendance.

  • Petition for Pass/No Pass Credit Grade
    This option is not available for all courses. Please review the class schedule to see if the course is eligible. 
    Students can complete and submit this form if they choose to complete Chabot College courses for a Pass/No Pass grade, instead of a standard letter grade.

  • Petition for Reclassification of Residency  
    Processing Time: Approximately 6 weeks 
    Petition to amend the residency rate determined by the data you entered on your application or to notify the college of a change to your former status. Email to

  • Reclassification from Nonresident Status:
    Military , Military Dependent   

  • Request for Degree or Certificate
    Processing Time: Approximately 16 weeks
    • Deadline to Petition for degree/certificate for Summer 2024 is July 18, 2024.
    • Deadline to Petition for degree/certificate for Fall 2024 is October 18, 2024.
    • Please review the Graduation Checklist before submitting this form.
      Students may receive degrees or certificates at the end of any term. Students wishing to petition for graduation must file a Request for Degree or Certificate. Please check the Academic calendar each year for the deadline dates.
    • To check the status of your request for degree/certificate, please review the information here.

  • Request to Audit a Class
  • Student Information Change Form

    Processing Time: 3 to 5 business days  
    Make changes to student's: Name, Address, Telephone number, Social security number, E-mail address, Birthday. For a name change - be sure to include a copy of the legal name change. This can consist of a copy of your driver's license, ID card, marriage certificate, or any other court/government document showing the legal name change.

  • Transcript Request
    Processing Time: Standard -  10 business days;  Rush - 2 business days
    A transcript is the official record of your academic achievement. You may order copies of transcripts to send to yourself or other educational institutions, employers, or agencies.